Welcome to South Shore Charter Public School
New information regarding the 2014-2015 Enrollment Lottery is listed below:
We will be hosting two Open Houses- Saturday November 16, 2013 1-3 p.m and Thursday January 16, 2014, 5-7 pm
- The 2014-15 Lottery will be held on Sat. February 8, 2014 at 10 a.m.
The deadline to submit applications is Wed. February 5, 2014 by 5 p.m.
Thank you for considering South Shore Charter Public School, a place where students from kindergarten to grade twelve are inspired to excel in academics, the arts, career and life. In September of 1995, the school opened in Hull. In 2003, SSCPS moved to its current campus in Norwell. Although the physical plant and school’s location have changed over the years, our commitment to the founders original vision and mission continues. As stated in the original charter school proposal, we are committed to providing students with an education which fosters initiative, critical thinking, leadership, teamwork, and communication.
Students come from more than 23 different communities and, as a result, one of our major strengths is our diverse and multi-talented student body.
Why South Shore Charter Public School?
* A commitment to excellence, curiosity and the joy of learning
* An accepting and inclusive environment
* A positive culture of mutual respect
* A triangle of support that includes students, parents and faculty in a unified
approach to foster each student’s growth
* Dedicated and innovative teachers and staff
* Multi-grade, student-centered classrooms
* Core Knowledge curriculum in grades K-8
* Singapore Math (a program with proven international results)
* Service and project-based learning that complements the strong academic curriculum
* Student-focused and student-centered governance and learning processes
* A strong commitment to parent and community involvement
If you have been searching for a school that encourages creativity, project-based learning, and responds to the challenge of the modern world, look no further.
We invite you to consider becoming a member of our unique educational community.
Alicia Savage , Executive Director
Please click on the link if you are interested in reading our Enrollment Policy.
It is the policy of SSCPS to maintain an environment that is conducive to learning, is peaceful, and respects the dignity of all persons. SSCPS does not discriminate, exclude from participation, deny benefits, nor access to programs or facilities based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or disability, housing status, or English language proficiency in all aspects of employment and education including the selection of students or staff. SSCPS and all its programs are fully accessible to all students who can be served by our nurturing, project-based, volunteer-intensive, technology-dependent, and college preparatory academic program environment. SSCPS actively seeks a staff that fully reflects the diversity of our society. SSCPS actively seeks partner organizations which will assist in helping to diversify our student and staff population.
©South Shore Charter Public Schools, 100 Longwater Circle, Norwell, MA 02061
Tel (781) 982-4202 Fax (781) 982-4201