As a member of a faculty serving 1075 students grades K-12 from over 26 sending districts throughout the South Shore, much is asked of our SSCPS teachers. Our faculty are expected to cultivate and sustain meaningful partnerships with families from diverse backgrounds.
An SSCPS teacher is expected to:
- support student achievement and student wellbeing each day
- foster school improvement by demonstrating high expectations for all students
- show commitment to providing the support required to attain student expectations
- demonstrate cultural competencies and antiracist leadership through behaviors and decision-making both in and out of the classroom
- work hard to maintain a collegial environment that honors the teaching profession and encourages continuous learning
- manage conflicts and foster consensus building in the classroom as well as throughout the school community
Minimum Teacher Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Enthusiastic and able to connect with and inspire students
- Experience working with students in the classroom or learning environment
- Innovative and experiential in ideas for teaching
- Certified or, pass the state competency exam within one year of employment
Below is a listing of all SSCPS openings available. We use SchoolSpring.com for all applications. If you decide to apply, you will be asked to log in or create a SchoolSpring.com account.
South Shore Charter Public School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, religion, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or in a foreign language, or academic achievement in admitting students, nor does it set admission criteria that are intended to discriminate on any of these bases.
For additional information please contact: