In September of 1995, the school opened in Hull. In 2003, SSCPS moved to its current campus in Norwell. Although the school’s location has changed over the years, our commitment to the founders' original vision and mission continues. As stated in the original charter school proposal, we are committed to providing students with an education which fosters initiative, critical thinking, leadership, teamwork, and communication.
Students come from more than 24 different communities and, as a result, one of our major strengths is our diverse and multi-talented student body.
WHY SOUTH SHORE CHARTER SCHOOL?
- A commitment to excellence, curiosity and the joy of learning.
- An accepting and inclusive environment.
- A positive culture of mutual respect.
- A triangle of support that includes students, parents and faculty in a unified approach to foster each student’s growth.
- Dedicated and innovative teachers and staff.
- Service and project-based learning that complements the strong academic curriculum.
- Student-focused and student-centered governance and learning processes.
- A strong commitment to parent and community involvement.
- If you have been searching for a school that encourages creativity, project-based learning, and responds to the challenge of the modern world, look no further.
We invite you to consider becoming a member of our unique educational community!