Welcome! At South Shore Charter Public School, our counseling staff is available to support students through the challenges facing them while at school. We strive to foster an environment that embraces healthy social and emotional development, encourages positive mental health, and supports young people in the challenges they may encounter, while empowering students to develop the skills necessary to meet and exceed their goals.
Support is available for students in both school buildings. If you feel that your child would benefit from seeing a member of our counseling staff, please contact us.
- Vaping Resources
- Social Thinking
- South Shore Coalition of Independent Therapists
- Bullying Policy
- Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center
- National Alliance for Grieving Children
- The Dougy Center
- Crisis Resources
South Shore Coalition of Independent Therapists
Massachusetts Aggression Reduction Center
National Alliance for Grieving Children
The Dougy Center
Bullying, Cyberbullying, & Social Media
- Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents by Reid Wilson and Lynn Lyons
- Boys Adrift by Leonard Sax
- Ready for Take-Off: Preparing Your Teen With ADHD or LD for College by Theresa Laurie Maitland and Patricia Quinn
- SOS! Help For Parents by Lynn Clark
- Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them by Ross Greene, Ph.D.
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner, Ph.D
- The Highly Sensitive Child:Helping Our Children Thrive When the World Overwhelms Them by Elaine N. Aaron Ph.D
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck, Ph.D.